Dealing with daily fibromyalgia pain, exhaustion, and sleep deprivation symptoms can seem like a never-ending cycle. Fortunately, many patients have turned to chiropractors to alleviate their fibromyalgia neck, back, and leg pain with just a few adjustment appointments. Affecting 3-5% of the population, fibromyalgia causes widespread musculoskeletal pain throughout the joints, muscles, tendons, and other soft tissues. While there is currently no cure for treating fibromyalgia, chiropractic care has become increasingly popular among patients due to their ability to restore skeletal balance and inflammation.
Commonly misunderstood and misdiagnosed, medical professionals have a difficult time identifying the causes of this syndrome. Currently, a diagnosis can be made if you have the following symptoms for more than three months without any additional medical condition:
● Joint, muscle, or tendon pain
● Sleep problems and fatigue
● Memory issues
● Anxiety or depression
● Morning stiffness
● Numbness or tingling in the hands, arms, feet, and legs
● Irritable bowel syndrome
● Painful menstrual cramps
Chiropractic Fibromyalgia Pain Treatment
Chiropractic care has proven its efficacy in the management of pain associated with fibromyalgia. Results of studies conducted for the purpose have revealed that this treatment method indeed works. While there are several misconceptions about chiropractic care, it is a holistic approach to treat fibromyalgia and relieve the relentless pain in the neck, back, and legs. Chiropractors primarily use four ways to alleviate the pain and improve quality of life:
● Chiropractic adjustments: This is the technique used by chiropractors to realign your body. The adjustments also help in re-establishing the connection between the nerves of the body and the nervous system. Due to the chiropractic adjustments, the brain’s ability to process pain accurately is regained.
● Physical therapy: The intensity of muscular pain in fibromyalgia is quite severe. Indeed, the pain can be crippling, preventing one from moving or exercising due to fear of aggravating the pain. Chiropractors recommend physical therapy to deal with this issue.
● Lifestyle adjustments: Chiropractors follow a holistic approach to minimize the symptoms of fibromyalgia. You will be advised to exercise regularly and look for ways by which your pain can be controlled without having to rely on medications. They will also recommend certain lifestyle changes that can help you battle the condition.
● Nutrition: The chiropractor will recommend diet changes and supplements depending on your nutritional deficiencies. The dietary recommendations are meant to handle both the physiological and psychological aspects of the condition.
Fibromyalgia Treatment In Blaine Minnesota
At Catalyst Chiropractic and Rehab, we can help you back to health and decrease your level of pain with as little as just one adjustment! If you struggle with the daily aches and pains of fibromyalgia, don’t wait any longer. Contact Catalyst Chiropractic. Located in Blaine Minnesota. See how chiropractic care can help you find relief today.